Since its establishment in 1999, the Institute has undertaken research projects in the areas of:
- Industrial adjustment and restructuring in the Philippines and ASEAN.
- Global and regional production networks.
- Agricultural marketing and trade.
- Investments in agricultural research and development.
- Family business issues.
- Cost analysis in higher education institutions.
- Managing risks and opportunities of globalization particularly on financial liberalization and integration, human mobility, and trade.
- Corporate governance and banking.